Thursday, October 12, 2006

An apple a day


So much has happened in the last week, and my head is spinning- My beautiful apartment sold at auction over the weekend. Note to self: never sell property again SO STRESSFUL! But the result was good and I was so relieved that the 2 girls who bought it genuinely loved the place and what mum and I had done with it, so I can walk away knowing it's in good hands PHEW!


I've been having major vocal issues ever since I had a months worth of serious bronchitis and that is really not what you need when recording your album, anyways I'm pretty sure it was the universe's not so subtle kick up the bum to really prioritise things and look after me and my dreams (ok!! I get it, point taken) So I am slowly working back to my peak and taking care of my insides.


A big part of taking care of me is not sweating the small stuff (I swear I have not been reading self help books much as that sounds like pure Anthony Robbins) and really appreciating the little things that make me so happy- Like my apple shaker. Not only is it ruby red kitchy goodness but it makes a gorgeous sound for creating different rhythms and I love just walking round bearfoot shaking my apple and singing a wee tune. An apple a day indeed.

1 comment:

. said...

Congratulations on the sale of yer place! So glad the home has gone to a good home :) Lurrrv the apple shaker!